This article describes the initial set up of Tradebox One for users with the following requirements:
- Sage Accounts Integration
- Tradebox Stock Control
Full instructions on setting up integrations to sales channels can be found in the Channel Integration Guides section.
When you open Tradebox for the first time you will be presented with a Tradebox Logon box. The username is TBUSER and has no password. A password can be created later via Maintenance > Security.
INSTALL AND ACTIVATION OPTIONS
You will then be given the choice to set up a new Tradebox company or to use existing data.
- Install Tradebox for the first time will create a blank company in Tradebox One for you to set up from scratch.
- Install Tradebox and connect to an existing database should only be used if you already have Tradebox One set up somewhere on your local network and are currently connecting an additional PC to that data.
- Install Tradebox and upgrade the data from an existing Finance Manager installation is for users migrating from our old software Tradebox Finance Manager and will preserve settings, preferences and the last 60 days of order numbers to minimise the risk of duplicate orders being downloaded.
- If you are an existing user who is upgrading, make sure you follow the Upgrading from Finance Manager guide which contains important information relevant to your process.
- Restore from an existing backup will restore the database and all settings from an existing Tradebox One backup. This only applies to backups taken in Tradebox One, not Tradebox Finance Manager.
The program will also prompt for your serial number:
- Use TBTRIAL if you're trialling the software. The trial licence runs for 14 days and offers up to 5 sales channels. You can only use this key once; if you need to discuss your trial period then contact Tradebox Sales.
- If you've purchased the software already or have a valid Tradebox Finance Manager licence, enter the serial number we've given you. If you're upgrading from Finance Manager on the same PC this will be populated automatically; your Finance Manager licence is fully transferable to Tradebox One at no extra cost.
On the next page of the wizard you will be presented with a form prompting you for company and contact details. Many of the fields are required and are used on documentation such as invoices. If you are VAT registered you MUST input your VAT number to access Tradebox One's VAT rules.
The next screen deals with your VAT and stock control settings. Based on the profile you have chosen, you should create these settings as follows:
- Accounts = Sage 50
- Inventory = Tradebox
These options can be changed within the Preferences section of the Configuration menu at a later date if required.
The Tax Rate option allows you to choose the default tax code that reflects your VAT standing. The options are:
- Zero Rated
- Standard Rated = VAT Registered
- EU B2B Sales
- Non Vatable = Not VAT Registered
- Reduced Rate
This option establishes your default tax position in Tradebox One and affects how the software calculates the VAT on your imported orders.
Note that the VAT setting is only a default and will be overridden by the tax code held in the product record. This allows the software to differentiate between standard rated, zero rated and reduced rated products for UK sales, and by regional settings for EU and Rest of World sales.
If you are NOT VAT registered you should make sure the tax code on each of your Product records is set to the Non-Vatable tax code.
TRADEBOX DATA SERVICE & GDPR
The final screen of the wizard provides a description of how the Tradebox Data Service works and requires an acknowledgement of understanding and accepting the statement to finish the wizard.
This screen also includes consent boxes for both operational and promotional contact. An answer must be given to both questions to allow the the wizard to complete.
The first consent question is for operational contact where Tradebox want to contact you to inform you of changes to the program or changes to third party platforms we integrate with which may affect the running of your software. It also allows us to send you renewal reminders so you are aware that your licence is due to expire.
The second consent question provides us with permission to contact you for promotional purposes, for example to notify you of a discount to the Tradebox software or let you know of a promotional offer a partner is making.
We will NEVER pass your data to a 3rd party.
If this is the first PC you've installed Tradebox One on, the program will inform you that the Tradebox Data Service needs to be set to run.
- If you're running Tradebox on one PC only, say yes to this prompt.
- If you're installing Tradebox in a network environment, the PC or server that holds the database would normally be the one to control the service. See our guide to the data service for more details.
If you've set the data service to run, it will launch now. Click the Hide button to minimise it to your system tray.
If Tradebox is being installed for the first time a dialog box will be generated that will take you to the Channels Module to start creating integrations with Sales Channel upon clicking OK.
The next stages to consider are setting up integrations to online platforms (Channels).