BEFORE operating Tradebox it's worthwhile checking the software's global settings to ensure that the program is configured they way you want it to work. All of the settings established in the Tradebox Setup Wizard can be accessed via Configuration > Preferences which can be found in the top right of the program.
The Preferences Tab contains fundamental settings for how Tradebox One operates and also how data is displayed within the software. The settings highlighted in yellow have are important and will affect how the software operates. The Preferences section is split into the following scetions as follows:
Home Screen provides a drop down list of Tradebox Modules that can be set as the default screen that displays when the software is opened.
Default Order View allows the user to establish the default status of orders to display in the Order screen. The most popular option is an order status of Open which will display all orders that need to be actioned.
View Orders For allows the user to determine the default duration of orders that are initially displayed in the order list.
Memorise Lists ensures that any changes made to any of the grids in the program are saved.
Show Post to Accounts is only available if an accounts integration has been set up. If this option is ticked it removes the automatic process of posting orders to the connected accounts package from the Tradebox Data Service and makes this a manual option. Ticking this box will display a 'Post to Accounts' button at the top of the order screen. To post orders to the attached accounts package, the orders must first be selected in the order grid.
Auto Filter Order List allows filters to be applied immediately as the user is setting them rather than waiting for the filters to be selected and then the Apply Filter button to be selected.
Get Products From is a fundamental setting in Tradebox that determines where stock control is maintained and where stock levels are obtained from for uploading. This setting is automatically set based upon the options chosen in the setup wizard. The options are as follows:
- Accounts Software - if this option is chosen then products cannot be created in Tradebox, which will become a 'slave' to the integrated accounts software stock list. This means that Tradebox will import product records and stock levels from the integrated accounts package and always upload the accounts package stock levels to marketplaces/webstores (if configured for upload). All new products need to be created in the accounts package which will then be imported into Tradebox. The import process of the accounts products into Tradebox can be done manually or this process can be added to the service to be done automatically. When products are imported into Tradebox, the software assumes that the Product Code from the accounts software EXACTLY matches the online SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) and creates a product mapping (Accounts Product Code = Online SKU). Only online SKU's that match will successfully have stock levels updated on the marketplace/webstore. If the accounts Product Code and the Online SKU do NOT match then the product mappings will need to be amended in Tradebox.
- Tradebox - If this option is chosen then all stock levels will be taken from Products in Tradebox with no reference to any integrated accounts software. However, products can be still be imported into Tradebox from an integrated accounts software, as well as a CSV File or an integrated API Sales Channel. When importing products into Tradebox via a CSV file, Tradebox assumes that the SKU from the import file EXACTLY matches the online SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) and creates a product mapping (Tradebox SKU = Online SKU). Only online SKU's that match will successfully have stock levels updated on the marketplace/webstore. If the Tradebox SKU and the Online SKU do NOT match then the product mappings will need to be amended in Tradebox.
- No Products - If this option is chosen the Products Module will disappear from Tradebox altogether, removing any ability to maintain stock control.
- NOTE: If you are VAT registered and sell a MIXTURE of VAT and non VAT goods in the UK then you will need to have at least 2 products in Tradebox with different tax codes so Tradebox can calculate VAT correctly.
Maximum Upload Quantities allows users to implement a maximum quantity to be uploaded for every product even if the product has more in stock. This is a generic setting that will apply to every product included in the upload. A per-product-per-channel maximum upload quantity is available in Upload Options.
Manual Stock Upload allows the user to remove automatic stock uploads from the Tradebox Data Service and make stock uploads a manual process. This option is turned ON by default and will need to be unchecked if stock uploads need to be automated. When this option is ticked an 'Upload Stock Levels' button will appear in the Products Module. Assuming all of the conditions for uploading are met, pressing this button will manually upload all stock levels, from all qualifying products, to all qualifying sales channels. Find out more about uploading stock levels.
Display Quantities. If both Manual Stock Upload and Display Quantities are turned on, when you click on Upload Stock Levels in the Products screen, Tradebox will display a list of the stock codes and quantities that it is about to upload, and at this point you have the choice to continue or cancel the upload process.
Apply Quantity Multiplier to Upload. In the product mapping a quantity multiplier can be added. For example, if you are selling a pack of 5 of product ABC on your website, that may only appear as a quantity of 1 when sold, but you actually would need to take 5 out of stock when an order for that pack is downloaded. Applying the Quantity Multiplier to upload has the effect of dividing the number you have in stock by the Quantity Multiplier, so that if you have 20 in stock with a quantity multiplier of 5, a quantity of 4 would be uploaded to the marketplace.
NAME AND ADDRESS CASING
These settings allow you to choose whether you want the casing of Names and Addresses to be automatically adjusted into proper, upper, or lower case, or whether they should be left as entered by the buyer.
TRADEBOX DATA SERVICE
Run on this Machine: The Tradebox Data Service will only run on one machine, which you need to specify by ticking this box on the appropriate machine. If this box is ticked on another machine, it will display the PC where the service is set to run and the setting will be greyed out. To change your service PC, the box must be unticked on the current service PC, then re-ticked on the new one. If you have Tradebox networked, the Tradebox Data Service needs to run from the machine that holds the Tradebox Database.
Process Every allows the user to establish the amount of time the Tradebox Data Service pauses between each loop
Check for new Products in Accounts: If your Tradebox is linked to Sage 50, Tradebox can check to see if any new products have been created in Sage and if so, create a matching product automatically in Tradebox so that your product lists are always identical. If you have just set up stock in Sage or created a large number of products, we'd recommend turning this option off and doing a manual import from Sage instead.
Next Invoice Number: If you choose to print invoices through Tradebox, this displays the next number that will be used. By default it starts at 1 but can be edited.
Custom Field 1, 2 & 3appear on the Tradebox customer record as additional fields for your own notes. Here, you can change the names of those fields to something more meaningful.
Use Country Tax Code: If, in Configuration -> Countries, you have a tax code set up specifically for a particular country, you can reflect this as the default tax code on the Tradebox customer record for any buyers with a shipping address in that country. In combination with the 'Use Tradebox Customer Tax Code' setting in the Accounts -> Customers section of each channel, this can be used to populate the country tax code on the customer account in your accounts package as well.
Software allows the user to choose which accounts software they wish to integrate with. If there is no accounts software integration then this should left at None. The number of alternative accounts software packages Tradebox integrates with is growing, so it worth checking the Tradebox website to see what is current, in development or planned.
Calculate VAT on allows the user to determine how to calculate VAT on Summary entries ONLY. The options available are:
- Item Price VAT calculation (default method) reflects the total combined VAT charged on each transaction within all transactions in the summary but may not reflect the exact VAT level ratio because of rounding on large volumes of data.
- Total Price calculation will reflect the exact VAT level ratio of the combined transactions in the summary but may not reflect the the exact VAT charged on each transaction combined.