Products can be imported into Tradebox from:
This article deals with importing Product Records using a prescriptive CSV File format. If you're running with stock control in Sage Accounts, you should import your products from Sage following this guide instead.
- To start with ensure that the file you are importing is complete and is closed.
- From the Products screen, choose the Import button at the top of the screen. This will generate the following input screen:
- From the Source drop down list choose 'File'.
- If the product SKUs in the import file already exist in Tradebox choose whether to Update Existing Records and/or whether to Update Quantities by ticking the check boxes. Then choose OK. This will generate the following input screen:
- Navigate to the CSV file you wish to import by clicking on the browse [...] button, choose the file and select Open. The 'import file has header' box cannot be unticked as the file must always have headers.
Once the products have been imported you may wish to import a Sage Product Mapping File. This informs Tradebox of the relationship (mapping) between the Tradebox Product and the Sage Product.
Channel Product Identifiers
Tradebox maps products in different inventory systems by matching SKU's together. This is done automatically were they are identical but can also be done manually were they are not identical. On certain channels an additional product identifier exists that is required to be copied into the Tradebox product record.This can be called a Listing ID (eBay) or a Product ID (Shopify, WooCommerce and BigCommerce). If the inventory has been imported directly into Tradebox from these channels then the additional identifier will automatically be copied into the Tradebox product record. If the inventory is imported into Tradebox via a file or from an accounts package, the additional product identifier will need to imported manually after the products have been imported. To add the Listing/Product IDs to your existing product records in Tradebox, go to Products and then select Import -> Products and choose either your eBay, Shopify, WooCommerce or Bigcommerce sales channel from the drop down list.
Read the Product ID article for more details.