These instructions are for users installing Tradebox One on their PC for the first time. We recommend also following our set up checklist, which will guide you through getting started with the software.
Operating System: Windows 7, 8 or 10 / Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 or 2016
- Tradebox One is a desktop application developed and tested with standard Windows operating systems (7, 8 and 10) in mind.
- We do not test on Windows Server architecture; while the software should and does run in these environments, you may encounter issues that we can't help with and we would recommend that you have local IT support available to you in the event of any problems. The appropriate Server operating systems are Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016.
- Servers running terminal services/terminal server/Citrix environments allow more than one instance of the same application to run on the same machine. Installing in this environment can cause major issues including order duplication and is not supported.
- Windows XP, Vista, Server 2008 (revision 1), SBS 2008/2011, Home Server are not supported.
- NAS drives are not supported for holding the Tradebox data folder
- We do not support or recommend installing on Windows tablets or anything not resembling a PC or laptop with a standard mouse/keyboard interface.
- Windows emulation: If you wish to install in a Mac, Linux or other environment emulating Windows, the Tradebox team will support as much as possible. Be aware though, you may encounter issues which we are unable to help with. If you don't run a standard Windows environment, please first ensure your environment is capable of installing .exe applications, installing/enabling Microsoft .net framework, and installing Microsoft's Access Data Engine.
Hardware: If you are an existing Sage user, any PC running Sage v15 or higher should also be capable of running Tradebox One. For all users, we recommend:
- Processor: 1.5Ghz or higher
- RAM: 2GB or higher
- 500mb minimum of free hard disk space (program files)
- 20gb free hard disk space (data)
Bear in mind that while Tradebox One is not particularly resource heavy to install and get running, the spec of your PC will have a very real impact on the speed of operations, especially as the number of orders in the database increases over time. In short, a more powerful PC will provide a much smoother experience.
Network (if applicable): 100mbps minimum. 1GBPS recommended.
If connecting to Tradebox data over network, or integrating with an accounts package that runs over network, the speed and reliability of your network connection will also have a significant impact on performance. Where possible, we would always recommend a wired connection rather than running over wi-fi, as this is far more stable.
- Tradebox only supports Local Area Networks. Attempting to share data files via any cloud system such as One Drive, Dropbox or Google Drive can result in unexpected behaviour and is not recommended.
- If you need access to Tradebox from outside your local network, you should make provisions for remotely accessing a machine that is on the same local network as the data (such as RDP).
- If you need order CSV files to be available to Tradebox from multiple locations or unattended download, you should use a standard FTP server.
Display: Screen resolution 1600x900 is recommended (1366x768 minimum). Running Tradebox on ultra hi-definition/4k monitors may cause display issues at very high resolutions. Magnification set higher than 100% at the system level can also cause display issues.
To download and install Tradebox One
- To download Tradebox click on the following link; http://www.tradebox.uk.com/_assets/bin/tradeboxv1setup.exe. (62MB).
- Once you have downloaded Tradebox, allow the Tradeboxv1setup.exe to run, then unzip files to the default temp directory. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- When the wizard has finished click on: Start > All Apps/Programs > Tradebox > Tradebox to run the application.
If you're setting up for the first time, our guide to setting up Tradebox One will take you through the next steps.