These instructions are for users installing Tradebox One on their PC for the first time. We recommend also following our set up checklist, which will guide you through getting started with the software.
- Operating System: Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10
Tradebox One is developed and tested with standard Windows operating systems (Vista, 7, 8 and 10) in mind, and has not been tested in Windows Server environments; the comparable Server operating systems are Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016.
If you wish to install on a Windows Server, Terminal Server/Citrix or Mac, Linux or other environment emulating Windows the Tradebox team will support as much as possible. Be aware though, you may encounter issues which we are unable to help with. If you don't run a standard Windows environment, please first ensure your environment is capable of installing .exe applications, installing/enabling Microsoft .net framework, and installing Microsoft's Access Data Engine.
- Hardware: If you are an existing Sage user, any PC running Sage v15 or higher should also be capable of running Tradebox v1. For all users, we recommend:
- Processor: 1.5Ghz or higher
- RAM: 2GB or higher
- 500mb minimum of free hard disk space
Bear in mind that while Tradebox One is not particularly resource heavy to install and get running, the spec of your PC will have a very real impact on the speed of operations, especially as the number of orders in the database increases over time. In short, a more powerful PC will provide a much smoother experience.
- Network (if applicable): 100mbps minimum. 1GBPS recommended.
If connecting to Tradebox data over network, or integrating with an accounts package that runs over network, the speed and reliability of your network connection will also have a significant impact on performance. Where possible, we would always recommend a wired connection rather than running over wi-fi, as this is far more stable.
To download and install Tradebox One
- To download Tradebox click on the following link; http://www.tradebox.uk.com/_assets/bin/tradeboxv1setup.exe. (39MB).
- Once you have downloaded Tradebox, allow the Tradeboxv1setup.exe to run, then unzip files to the default temp directory. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- When the wizard has finished click on: Start – Programs – Tradebox – Tradebox to run the application.