These instructions are for users who are upgrading an existing installation of Tradebox Finance Manager. Check out the 'What's New' section to see the changes made in the latest version of the software
Note - as of November 2016, Tradebox is no longer compatible with Windows XP. Supported operating systems are Windows Vista/7/8/10. If you're running Windows XP, please contact Tradebox support for advice before proceeding.
- In Tradebox click on the Support link in the top right hand corner.
- Take a note of the Version number located under the PROGRAM INFORMATION section. This should change after the upgrade.
- Take a note of the locations of the Installation Folder and Data Folder which can be found under the FOLDERS section of the Support Page.
- These should be in separate locations. If they are NOT in separate locations please STOP and contact Tradebox.
- Take a backup of Tradebox (under the heading of Maintenance).
- Close Tradebox, ensuring you close the Tradebox Amazon Download Scheduler, if applicable. To ensure all Tradebox programs are closed you can check in Task Manager.
- Go to Control Panel and UNINSTALL ALL COPIES of Tradebox. This is an essential step.
- Click on the following link, or copy and paste into a web browser; http://www.tradebox.uk.com/_assets/bin/tradeboxsetup.exe. (64MB)
- Once you have downloaded Tradebox, allow the Tradeboxsetup.exe to run.
- Click on the Unzip button in the box generated.
- When the installation wizard has finished click on: Start – Programs – Tradebox – Tradebox Finance Manager to run the application.
- In Tradebox go to Support and check the version number has changed to the latest version.
- Repeat on each PC Tradebox is installed upon.
- If you are upgrading Tradebox due to installing a new version of Sage, you will also need to re-enable third party integration within Sage. Our guide to this is available here.