The following article discusses how to optimise Tradebox global settings to get the most out of using the program with Sage. This should be read in conjunction with the Optimising Sage article.
From the Configuration menu choose Settings. This will open the Settings screen which contains global configuration applicable to the entire Tradebox program.
This section contains the global download criteria for the program:
- Manually - Downloads sales on demand when the Download option is chosen from the Operations menu.
- Every Day at - Downloads sales automatically at a single specified time. The Tradebox program MUST be open to enable this to occur.
- Interval - Downloads sales automatically on a specified schedule. The minimum is 30 minutes. The Tradebox program MUST be open to enable this to occur.
- On Loading Tradebox - Downloads sales automatically every time the program is opened.
- Always prompt for days/date to download from - If this option is ticked Tradebox will prompt the user to enter the amount of days to go back to collect the sales from the sales channel. This option is only available when the Manual download option has been chosen.
- Display error prompt dialog - If this box is ticked AND there have been errors during the download, a dialog box will appear at the end of the download script inviting the user to view the errors. If this box is not ticked the notification will appear as red bold script in the Operations Log.
- Email Notification - If a valid email address is entered into this field an email will be sent to this address every time Tradebox runs a download detailing the particulars of the download. Only available if MS Office is installed on the PC and is the default mail client.
- Show on Startup - Unticking this box will prevent the dashboard loading every time the program is opened which, depending upon the amount of data, can take some time. The dashboard can always be accessed under the Business menu.
- Group by Sage Code - If Tradebox is configured to create Product Invoices or Sales Orders then often different channels can have different SKU's for the same Sage stock code. Enabling this feature ignores different SKU's and reports based on the Sage stock code the SKU is mapped to in the Tradebox software.
Exchange Rates Tab
If you are importing sales in a foreign currency AND converting these sales to GBP before sending to Sage then this section will control how the foreign currency is converted. If the Update Exchange Rates Prior to Download box is ticked the Exchange Rate Table will be updated using current rates from a 3rd party site before importing the foreign currency sales and converting to GBP. This means all sales imported, regardless of sales date, are exchanged at the rate at the point of import. If unticked the conversion will be based upon the exchange rate in the table. This can be adjusted manually.
Allows the user to establish the word casing used on Address Labels produced by Tradebox. This section also allows the user to establish the font used and the labels type produced.
Contains a table of all countries in the world with their accompanying ISO country code. This table determines which countries are inside or outside of the EU which is used for VAT calculations.
This table also allows the user to apply a non default Sage tax code to a specific country and override the default behaviour. This is used in situations where the user has exceeded the TAX threshold of an EU country and now needs to pay tax directly to that country. For example if the user needed to pay tax directly to Germany they would create a unique tax code in Sage for German sales with the German rate of tax (for example T30 at 19%) and then select this code from the drop down list against Germany in Tradebox. Note, ensure that the new tax code in Sage is NOT included in the VAT return.
Sage Field Mapping Tab
Enables the user to write a limited section of data from the online order to specified fields in the invoice record in Sage. The following mappings are HIGHLY recommended:
- Order ID = Cust_Order_Number
- Order Taken By = Sales Channel Name
This will allow the online order number and originating sales channel to appear in the invoice and sales order list in Sage.
This tab is specific to eBay only and allows the user to automate the generation of positive feedback for buyers at the point off download.