There are occasions when the Tradebox data needs to be relocated off a network and back to a single PC. This is often done when a PC struggles to pass the downloaded sales data across the network to the Tradebox data and runs out of 'system resources'. This is not an issue with the Tradebox program but a problem with the environment it has been setup on.
By default, Tradebox will always create a local data folder on the PC it is installed upon. The default locations for the local data folder are:
C:/DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS/ALL USERS/APPLICATION DATA/PLATFORM ONE/TRADEBOX
Windows Vista, 7 or 8
C:PROGRAM DATA/PLATFORM ONE/TRADEBOX
To relocate your Tradebox data off a network onto a local PC please do the following:
- Find the location of the local Tradebox data folder (as above).
- Take a backup of Tradebox.
- In Tradebox, from the Maintenance menu, choose Relocate Database.
- In the dialog box you will see the current location of the Tradebox data on the network. Use the [...] button to navigate to the location of the local Tradebox data folder and select OK.
- Tradebox will need to close and be re-opened. Then select support to ensure the new data path is local.