Probably one of the most common errors in Tradebox is the configuration of how customer records should be created in Sage Accounts. There are 2 options:
- Create individual customer records in Sage to represent each individual buyer, or
- Create a single generic customer record in Sage to represent each platform (EBAY, AMAZON, WEBSALES etc)
A tick box in the Sales Channel Record decides whether you have option 1 or option 2. This tick box is called Auto Generate Records and is located in the Posting Accounts section of the Sales Channel Record.
If it is ticked you will get option 1; the creation of individual customer records in Sage to represent each buyer.
If it is NOT ticked you will get option 2; the creation of a single generic customer record in Sage to represent all buyers from the platform the sales channel is connected to. This needs to be set up in Sage already.
- In Tradebox choose Sales Channels from the Information menu
- Double click on the Sales Channel/Connection you wish to configure
- From the sub menu choose Posting Accounts
- Tick/untick the Auto Generate Records box
- Select Save