Tradebox One imports Linnworks data from a standardised CSV file agreed with Linnworks. This file can be downloaded manually using a standard template available on Linnworks. If you'd rather automate this process, the file can be scheduled on Linnworks to be automatically published to an FTP server. This article describes how to manually download the file from Linnworks and how to create a schedule to automate the publication of the file. Instructions are based upon Linnworks.net, however, the menu system in the desktop version of Linnworks is very similar.
An example Linnworks CSV file populated with sample data is attached to the bottom of this article.
Once you've followed these steps and you're ready to create your sales channel in Tradebox, follow our guide to setting up a CSV channel.
Manually downloading the file
- In Linnworks select Dashboards > Query Data
- From the Query Type drop-down menu select TradeBox Export
- Choose a Start Date and End Date for the report.
- Choose Download (CSV File) and save the file to local IN folder.
Automating the creation and publication of the CSV file
- In Linnworks select Settings > Export Data
- Choose the Add Scheduled Export button
- Under the Export Type section provide a "friendly name" for the automation, e.g. Tradebox Export
- From the Type drop-down list choose Custom. This will generate a white script box beneath the field
- In the 'script' box enter the script from the attached Linnworks Automation Script text file. It's important that this is done correctly. We suggest opening the attached text file, selecting all of the contents (CTRL + A), copying the text (CTRL + C) and then pasting into the script box (CTRL + V)
- Choose Next
- The next section provides options of what to publish the file to. Choose FTP. This will generate the following options:
- The mandatory fields required are bordered with a red outline. These are:
Server is the FTP address of the USER's FTP. Tradebox do NOT provide an FTP location. This field should always be populated with FTP:// followed by the domain address or IP address, including any subfolders, e.g. FTP://www.tradebox.co.uk/CSV or FTP://123.456.789/CSV.
User Name is the FTP login name.
Password is the password for the FTP.
- File Name is the name you wish to call the file, such as Orders or Tradebox.
The remaining fields are not mandatory and should be left in their default state to enable Tradebox to accept the file.
- Click Next
- The next section is called Column Mapping and displays the columns of order data in the sequence required by Tradebox, based upon the script text entered earlier. It also displays that column headers are included and fields separated by columns. Do not change these settings. Scroll to the bottom of the grid and click on Next.
- The final section is called Schedule and controls the frequency the CSV file is published. Click on the New Schedule button, which will generate the following screen:
- Under the General section provide the automation with a memorable Name and choose a Recurring schedule type.
- Users can then set a frequency. We would recommend a daily frequency which allows the file to be published every X hours.
- Then select Save.