The channel module in Tradebox One contains a list of all of the external sales channels Tradebox is integrated with. Each channel in the list contains the configuration settings for this integration. The channel settings are split into tabs displaying:
- DETAILS - Channel Integration and configuration settings
- VAT - Tradebox's VAT settings
- ORDERS - a list of orders downloaded from this channel
- SALES - Graph comparing last 3 Calendar year's sales
- STATUSES - Table mapping marketplace statuses to Tradebox statuses
- ACCOUNTS - settings for accounts integration
This article is focused on the channel integration and configuration settings for a Fulfilment By Amazon channel.
Note: There is a save button at the bottom of each tab. Clicking this saves and closes down the channel details and takes you back to the channel list. If you are amending multiple tabs at once, you can navigate between the tabs without saving. It's only necessary to click the save button once you've made all your amendments in every screen.
- Name: The name given to the sales channel to identify it. This is a free text field. It is recommended that the name is something that easily identifies the channel Tradebox is integrated with. This field is editable.
- Currency: This field displays the currency of the Amazon marketplace the channel is integrated with. The field is automatic, based upon the Amazon marketplace chosen in the setup wizard, and cannot be edited.
API Connection Details
- Marketplace: Displays the Amazon marketplace chosen to integrate with. This field cannot be edited once chosen.
- Seller ID: The Seller ID provided via Amazon Marketplace Web Services (MWS) to uniquely identify the seller account.
- Auth Token: The Authentication Token generated via Amazon Marketplace Web Services (MWS) to authorise the integration.
- Tradebox Developer Account No: This field displays Tradebox's Developer Account Number for the specific Amazon Marketplace the channel is set up for. This is required when creating keys via Amazon MWS.
Whilst the order data from Amazon contains a Billing Name and a Recipient Name, Amazon only provide a single address in the order feed which is the Delivery Address. This setting allows the user to choose to use the Delivery Address details for the Billing Address in Tradebox in 2 different circumstances:
- ONLY where the Billing Name and Recipient Name are identical. If these fields are NOT identical the Billing Address will appear blank in the Tradebox Order.
- ALWAYS use the Delivery Address for the Billing Address in Tradebox regardless of whether the Billing Name and Recipient Name match.
- Place all downloaded orders on hold: If ticked all orders downloaded by Tradebox are placed into a status of On Hold. When an order is in this status stock is not allocated, the order cannot be marked as shipped or passed to an accounts package. Effectively the order is frozen until the user changes its status. This allows users to manually verify the order details before releasing it into the order management cycle.
- Create Tradebox Product Records: If ticked Tradebox will create new products in the Product Module where a SKU in a downloaded order does NOT already exist. The product record created will only contain the minimum information required, such as SKU and description, and will not contain information such as price, location, dimensions etc. It is not recommended if you have products with a mixture of tax codes as Tradebox will create all products with your default tax code. There are a number of routes to import products into Tradebox that enable this missing information to be entered.
- Ignore transactions prior to: Allows the user to configure Tradebox to ignore any transactions prior to a given date preventing orders that fall before this date from being downloaded.
- Days to Download: How many days' worth of sales you want Tradebox to download for this particular channel. Tradebox will never download any duplicate sales, but it can cover old ground to see if any orders that didn't meet your criteria on first check are now valid for download, and also update order statuses if applicable.
Invoice Date allows the user to choose the date to use on the invoice produced by Tradebox. The options are:
- Order Date - The date the order was placed
- Payment Date - The date the order was paid for
- Despatched Date - The date the order was despatched
By default, this option is set to Order Date.
- Discount Type: All Amazon Merchant and FBA discounts passed by Amazon are Item Line discounts. This option is therefore preset and inaccessible in an Amazon Merchant and FBA channel.
- Download Fees: If ticked Tradebox will download and store the fees from each available Amazon Settlement Report in the download date range. More information on Amazon Fees can be found in Amazon Fees Article.
- Order Type: Chose whether to handle All Orders, Customer Orders only or orders placed through Amazon Business only. If you sell via Amazon Business you may wish to set up a separate sales channel to apply rules specific to business orders - e.g. EU sales are B2B, or use individual customer accounts in Sage.
Downloads and Uploads
Download Orders: When ticked, this allows Tradebox to download orders from Amazon.
Upload Stock Levels: This allows Tradebox to upload stock levels from either Tradebox, or your accounts, back to Amazon.
Upload Negative Quantities as Zero: If you have negative stock in Tradebox or in the accounts, this can be treated as a level of zero instead, as some sites do not allow negative quantities to be uploaded.
Please see our Download and Upload Options article for full information on the different options available for downloading and uploading.
The VAT section of the channel details shows a set of default tax codes for UK, EU, and Rest of World. The illustration above shows the default codes for a business on the standard VAT scheme. If you are using stock control in either Tradebox or Sage, UK and EU settings cannot be amended as Tradebox will automatically use the tax code on the product record.
All EU Sales are B2B: If all EU sales coming through this sales channel are business sales with a valid VAT number, this box should be ticked as it will instruct Tradebox to treat this sale as zero rated. If posting to Sage Accounts, this will automatically post all invoices or sales orders to the T4 tax code.
Use Product Tax For Carriage: If you are selling goods with a mixture of tax codes, you may wish to select this option. With this setting turned on, if all of the products on an order are non-vatable, then no VAT will be applied to carriage. If any product on the order is standard rated then the carriage will also be standard rated, even if the majority of the products are non-vatable.
The orders section of the channel will display all orders that have been downloaded for that particular channel. It displays the following information:
Type: Displays either Sales Order or Sales Credit Note.
Date: The order date. By default, this is the date the order was placed.
No. The Tradebox order number, which is automatically assigned on download.
Channel No. The order number from the channel, in this case, the Amazon order number.
Customer: The customer's name.
Value: The total value of the order.
Status: The order status within Tradebox.
Double clicking on any order in the grid opens the order in full. The grid can be sorted by any column and is sorted by order date by default.
The Sales page of the channel details shows a breakdown of the sales value for this channel by month over the past three years, with the option to view as a bar graph or line chart.
The top section of the status tab displays a list of marketplace order statuses and the corresponding Tradebox order statuses they are mapped to. This controls at which status your orders will download to Tradebox. The bottom section of the grid controls which statuses are set to post to your accounts package (if integrated). Amazon provide four default statuses: Canceled, Shipped, Unshipped and Refunded. To edit a marketplace status, double click on it and a pop up box will appear that allows you to choose what Tradebox status to map it to, and whether you want that status to download. To edit a Tradebox status, double click on it and a pop up box will appear that will allow you to choose whether or not you want orders with that status to post to your accounts.
You can find more detailed information about this here.
In Tradebox One, linking to an accounts package is not mandatory. You can simply use the software as a standalone product, however, the ability to integrate to your accounts is still there if required. Clicking on the Accounts option opens up a wizard with new options to set up your accounts integration. This is described in detail here. Once the accounts set up is done, you will be returned to the sales channel details page. To finish the set up process and close the sales channel, click on Save.