The channel module in Tradebox One contains a list of all of the external sales channels Tradebox is integrated with. This article is focused on the configuration settings for an EKM channel. To access the channel configuration settings go to the Channels Module and either double click on the channel from the list or select the channel and choose the Edit button. The Channel is split into 6 tabs:
- DETAILS - Channel Integration and configuration settings
- VAT - Tradebox's VAT settings
- ORDERS - a list of orders downloaded from this channel
- SALES - Graph comparing last 3 Calendar years' sales
- STATUSES - Table mapping marketplace statuses to Tradebox statuses
- ACCOUNTS - settings for accounts integration
This article is focused on the channel integration and configuration settings for an EKM channel.
Note: There is a save button at the bottom of each tab. Clicking this saves and closes down the channel details and takes you back to the channel list. If you are amending multiple tabs at once, you can navigate between the tabs without saving. It's only necessary to click the save button once you've made all your amendments in every screen.
- Name: The name given to the sales channel to identify it. This is a free text field. It is recommended that the name is something that easily identifies the channel Tradebox is integrated with. This field is editable.
- Currency: This field displays the currency of the channel. The field is chosen in the setup wizard, and cannot be edited.
API Connection Details
- API Key: This is the authorisation for Tradebox to access your EKM account. Clicking on the icon will open up the following pop up box:
This allows you to re-enter your EKM logon name and password to refresh the authorisation if required. Please note that Tradebox does not store your EKM logon details, just uses them as one-time authorisation to create or refresh the API Key.
- Place all downloaded orders on hold: If ticked, all orders downloaded by Tradebox are placed into a status of On Hold. When an order is in this status stock is not allocated, the order cannot be marked as shipped or passed to an accounts package. Effectively the order is frozen until the user changes its status. This allows users to manually verify the order details before releasing it into the order management cycle.
- Create Tradebox Product Records allows the user to automatically create a product record in Tradebox when it encounters a SKU in an order that doesn't already exist in the Tradebox product list. This option only appears where the global Inventory Option (Configuration > Preferences) has been set to Tradebox. If the Inventory Option is set to Sage this option will be greyed out and any missing products will be automatically created. Where Tradebox creates products automatically it uses the online SKU and description only. It cannot create entries for quantities, pricing, location, dimensions etc, so it is advised to use this feature with caution. It is not recommended where you have a VAT/non-VAT mix among your products as everything will be entered with your default tax code. There are a number of routes to import products into Tradebox that enable this missing information to be entered.
- Ignore Transactions Prior to: Allows the user to configure Tradebox to ignore any transactions prior to a given date, preventing orders that fall before this date from being downloaded.
- Days to Download: How many days' worth of sales you want Tradebox to download for this particular channel. Tradebox will never download any duplicate sales, but it can cover old ground to see if any orders that didn't meet your criteria on first check are now valid for download, and also update order statuses if applicable.
- Invoice Date allows the user to choose the date to use on the invoice produced by Tradebox. The options are:
- Order Date - The date the order was placed
- Payment Date - The date the order was paid for
- Despatched Date - The date the order was despatched
By default, this option is set to Order Date. Payment Date and Despatched Date can only be used if they are provided by your site and the order is downloaded at a stage when they are populated.
- Discount Type allows the user to configure the type of discounts applied on downloaded orders which inform how the order is calculated in Tradebox. The user can choose:
- None - No discounts to be applied
- Order Discount - This applies a discount to the entire order
- Item Line - This applies a discount to the item, rather than the order. If chosen, Tradebox needs to know whether to apply the discount to the total number of units on the line, or, whether to apply the discount of each unit.
- Line = discount the line price after the unit price has been multiplied by the quantity
- Unit = discount the unit price before the unit price has been multiplied by the quantity
Downloads and Uploads
Download Orders: When ticked, this allows Tradebox to download orders from EKM.
Upload Stock Levels: This allows Tradebox to upload stock levels from either Tradebox, or your accounts, back to EKM.
Upload Negative Quantities as Zero: If you have negative stock in Tradebox or in the accounts, this can be treated as a level of zero instead, as some sites do not allow negative quantities to be uploaded.
Please see our Download and Upload Options article for full information on the different options available for downloading and uploading.
The VAT section of the channel details shows a set of default tax codes for UK, EU, and Rest of World. The illustration above shows the default codes for a business on the standard VAT scheme. If you are using stock control in either Tradebox or Sage, UK and EU settings cannot be amended as Tradebox will automatically use the tax code on the product record.
All EU Sales are B2B: If all EU sales coming through this sales channel are business sales with a valid VAT number, this box should be ticked as it will instruct Tradebox to treat this sale as zero rated. If posting to Sage Accounts, this will automatically post all invoices or sales orders to the T4 tax code.
Use Product Tax For Carriage: If you are selling goods with a mixture of tax codes, you may wish to select this option. With this setting turned on, if all of the products on an order are non-vatable, then no VAT will be applied to carriage. If any product on the order is standard rated then the carriage will also be standard rated, even if the majority of the products are non-vatable.
Please see our Channel VAT settings article for further information.
The orders section of the channel will display all orders that have been downloaded for that particular channel. It displays the following information:
Type: Displays either Sales Order or Sales Credit Note.
Date: The order date. By default, this is the date the order was placed.
No. The Tradebox order number, which is automatically assigned on download.
Channel No. The order number from the channel, in this case, the Amazon order number.
Customer: The customer's name.
Value: The total value of the order.
Status: The order status within Tradebox.
Double clicking on any order in the grid opens the order in full. The grid can be sorted by any column and is sorted by order date by default.
The Sales page of the channel details shows a breakdown of the sales value for this channel by month over the past three years, with the option to view as a bar graph or line chart.
The top section of the status tab displays a list of marketplace order statuses and the corresponding Tradebox order statuses they are mapped to. This controls at which status your orders will download to Tradebox. The bottom section of the grid controls which statuses are set to post to your accounts package (if integrated). To edit a marketplace status, double click on it and a pop up box will appear that allows you to choose what Tradebox status to map it to, and whether you want that status to download. To edit a Tradebox status, double click on it and a pop up box will appear that will allow you to choose whether or not you want orders with that status to post to your accounts. You can add or delete marketplace statuses using the 'New' and 'Delete' buttons at the top of the screen.
This is explained in more detail here.
For EKM, there is also an additional option: 'Only download orders where EKM status is SUCCESS'. EKM does not by default have a status of Paid, meaning that some statuses can include both unpaid and paid orders. It does, however, show an additional field called 'Success' if the order has been successfully paid. Ticking this option will download only orders which meet the specified status in the list and also show that the payment has been successfully collected.
In Tradebox One, linking to an accounts package is not mandatory. You can simply use the software as a standalone product, however, the ability to integrate to your accounts is still there if required. Clicking on the Accounts option opens up a wizard with new options to set up your accounts integration. This is described in detail here. Once the accounts set up is done, you will be returned to the sales channel details page. To finish the set up process and close the sales channel, click on Save.