The channel module in Tradebox One contains a list of all of the external sales channels Tradebox is integrated with. Each channel in the list contains the configuration settings for the integration. The channel settings are split into tabs displaying:
- DETAILS - Channel Integration and configuration settings
- VAT - Tradebox's VAT settings
- ORDERS - a list of orders downloaded from this channel
- SALES - Graph comparing last 3 Calendar years' sales
- STATUSES - Table mapping marketplace statuses to Tradebox statuses
- ACCOUNTS - settings for accounts integration
This article is focused on the channel integration and configuration settings for an EKM channel.
Note: There is a save button at the bottom of each tab. Clicking this saves and closes down the channel details and takes you back to the channel list. If you are amending multiple tabs at once, you can navigate between the tabs without saving. It's only necessary to click the save button once you've made all your amendments in every screen.
- Name: The name given to the sales channel to identify it. This is a free text field. It is recommended that the name is something that easily identifies the channel Tradebox is integrated with. This field is editable.
- Currency: This field displays the currency of the channel. The field is chosen in the setup wizard, and cannot be edited.
API Connection Details
- API Key: This is the authorisation for Tradebox to access your EKM account. Clicking on the icon will open up the following pop up box:
This allows you to re-enter your EKM logon name and password to refresh the authorisation if required. Please note that Tradebox does not store your EKM logon details, just uses them as one-time authorisation to create or refresh the API Key.
- Place all downloaded orders on hold: If ticked, all orders downloaded by Tradebox are placed into a status of On Hold. When an order is in this status stock is not allocated, the order cannot be marked as shipped or passed to an accounts package. Effectively the order is frozen until the user changes its status. This allows users to manually verify the order details before releasing it into the order management cycle.
- Create Tradebox Product Records: If ticked, Tradebox will create new products in the Product Module where the SKU in a downloaded order does NOT already exist. The product record created will only contain the minimum information required, such as SKU and description, and will not contain information such as price, location, dimensions etc.
- Ignore Transactions Prior to: Allows the user to configure Tradebox to ignore any transactions prior to a given date, preventing orders that fall before this date from being downloaded.
- Invoice Date: Allows the user to establish the date used on invoices in both Tradebox and any connected accounts package. The user can choose from (A) The Order Date - the date the order was placed (default), (B) Payment Date - the date the order was paid for, or, (C) Despatched Date - the date the order is despatched. Please note that depending on the marketplace and your download settings, some of these dates may be unavailable, for example Payment Date will not be available if an order is downloaded before it is paid.
- Discount Type: Allows the user to establish the discount type used by the channel. The options for Discount Type are, (A) Order Discount - a discount taken off the total of the order, (B) Item Line Discount - a discount taken off the item line in an order, and, (C) None - discounts are not taken into account at all.
Downloads and Uploads
Download Orders: When ticked, this allows Tradebox to download orders from EKM.
Upload Stock Levels: This allows Tradebox to upload stock levels from either Tradebox, or your accounts, back to EKM.
Upload Negative Quantities as Zero: If you have negative stock in Tradebox or in the accounts, this can be treated as a level of zero instead, as some sites do not allow negative quantities to be uploaded.
Please see our Download and Upload Options article for full information on the different options available for downloading and uploading.
The VAT section of the channel details shows a set of default tax codes for UK, EU, and Rest of World. The illustration above shows the default codes for a business on the standard VAT scheme. If you are using stock control in either Tradebox or Sage, UK and EU settings cannot be amended as Tradebox will automatically use the tax code on the product record.
All EU Sales are B2B: If all EU sales coming through this sales channel are business sales with a valid VAT number, this box should be ticked as it will instruct Tradebox to treat this sale as zero rated. If posting to Sage Accounts, this will automatically post all invoices or sales orders to the T4 tax code.
Use Product Tax For Carriage: If you are selling goods with a mixture of tax codes, you may wish to select this option. With this setting turned on, if all of the products on an order are non-vatable, then no VAT will be applied to carriage. If any product on the order is standard rated then the carriage will also be standard rated, even if the majority of the products are non-vatable.
The orders section of the channel will display all orders that have been downloaded for that particular channel. It displays the following information:
Date: The order date. By default, this is the date the order was placed.
No. The Tradebox order number, which is automatically assigned on download.
Channel No. The order number from the channel, in this case the EKM order number.
Customer: The customer's name.
Value: The total value of the order.
Status: The order status within Tradebox.
The Sales page of the channel details shows a breakdown of the sales value for this channel by month over the past three years, with the option to view as a bar graph or line chart.
When you are setting up your channel, Tradebox will retrieve a list of statuses from EKM. Only those statuses that you map during the set up wizard will be automatically selected for Download; however, if you wish to make changes to the statuses that are being downloaded, you can do so on this screen by double clicking on the statuses and ticking or unticking the Download box as required.
This screen also controls whether orders with that status are set to post to the accounts in the same manner.
For EKM, there is also an additional option: 'Only download orders where EKM status is SUCCESS'. EKM does not by default have a status of Paid, meaning that some statuses can include both unpaid and paid orders. It does, however, show an additional field called 'Success' if the order has been successfully paid. Ticking this option will download only orders which meet the specified status in the list and also show that the payment has been successfully collected.
In Tradebox One, linking to an accounts package is not mandatory. You can simply use the software as a standalone product, however, the ability to integrate to your accounts is still there if required. Clicking on the Accounts option opens up a wizard with new options to set up your accounts integration. This is described in detail here. Once the accounts set up is done, you will be returned to the sales channel details page. To finish the set up process and close the sales channel, click on Save.