These instructions are for existing users of Tradebox One who already have the software installed and wish to update to a later version. New builds of Tradebox One are published regularly.
Check out our What's New? page for the latest version number, as well as a list of changes, bug fixes and new features.
Choose the Follow option to the upper right of the What's New page to receive an email notification whenever we release a new build.
All updates are included within the latest build, so you'll only ever need one set of install files to update your Tradebox. Make sure you check your version number from the Support page in Tradebox One before updating. Major changes:
- If your current version is lower than 1.0.70629.0, please contact Tradebox Support before proceeding.
- If your current version is lower than 1.0.70929.0, this update includes a database upgrade and may take a long time the first time you open the program after installing.
- If your current version is lower than 1.0.71026.0, this update includes major changes to handling products with Sage integration. Read and familiarise yourself with these release notes as well as the most recent ones from What's New before proceeding.
To Update Tradebox One
- Open Tradebox One. Click on Support and take a note of the location of the Program and Data Folders to ensure that these are in different locations. If not, contact Tradebox support.
- Ensure you have an up to date backup of your Tradebox data before proceeding. The Backup option can be found in the Maintenance menu.
- Close Tradebox.
- On each PC Tradebox One is installed upon, make sure that the Tradebox Data Service application is closed. This is found in your Windows System Tray, possibly under the white Show Hidden Icons arrow; this application will only be running on one PC on your network.
To close the data service, right click on the icon and select Close Tradebox Data Service.
- On the PC you're installing the update, open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and end the Tradebox Application Service. This will be found in the Details tab (Windows 10 + Windows 8 - you may need to click More Details from the inital view - or the Processes tab in Windows 7). Right-click on Tradebox_Application_Service.exe and choose End Task.
Note - if updating from 1.0.70712.0 or earlier this will not be present and you should proceed to step 6.
- Open Control Panel (hold the Windows Key + R > type Control in the Run box > OK) and uninstall the existing install of Tradebox One. This will not affect your data which is stored in a separate location to the program.
- Download the latest version of Tradebox One click from the following link; http://www.tradebox.uk.com/_assets/bin/tradeboxv1setup.exe. (62mb).
- Once you have downloaded Tradebox, allow the Tradeboxv1setup.exe to run, then unzip files to the default temp directory. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- When the wizard has finished click on: Start > Programs > Tradebox > Tradebox to run the application.