These instructions are for existing users of Tradebox One who already have the software installed and wish to update to a later version. If you are currently on a version prior to 1.0.70629.0, installed earlier than 30/06/2017, please contact Tradebox Support before proceeding as there are additional steps you will need to take.
New builds of Tradebox One are published regularly. Check out our What's New? page for a list of changes, bug fixes and new features. Choose the Follow option to the upper right to receive an email notification whenever we release a new build.
- Open Tradebox One. Click on Support and take a note of the location of the Program and Data Folders to ensure that these are in different locations. If not, contact Tradebox support.
- Ensure you have an up to date backup of your Tradebox data before proceeding. The Backup option can be found in the Maintenance menu.
- Close Tradebox.
- On each PC Tradebox One is installed upon, make sure that the Tradebox Data Service application is closed. This is found on your Windows Task Bar, possibly under the white Hidden Icons arrow; it will only be running on one PC on your network.
To close it, right click on the icon and select Close Tradebox Data Service.
- Only applicable if updating from 1.0.70714.0 or higher: Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and end the Tradebox Application Service. This will be found in the Details tab (Windows 10 + Windows 8 - you may need to click More Details from the inital view - or the Processes tab in Windows 7). Right-click on Tradebox_Application_Service.exe and choose End Task.
- Open Control Panel and uninstall the Tradebox Program from the PC. This will not affect your data which is stored in a separate location to the program.
- Download the latest version of Tradebox One click from the following link; http://www.tradebox.uk.com/_assets/bin/tradeboxv1setup.exe. (38MB).
- Once you have downloaded Tradebox, allow the Tradeboxv1setup.exe to run, then unzip files to the default temp directory. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- When the wizard has finished click on: Start – Programs – Tradebox – Tradebox to run the application.