Important note: As of July 2018, Bigcommerce have deprecated their legacy v2 API options.
If you're an existing Bigcommerce/Tradebox user, you can currently create a new Bigcommerce sales channel following the below steps, provided this is to a website you've used the API integration with previously.
If you're a new Bigcommerce/Tradebox user or an existing user wishing to connect a new website, the below steps no longer work. We are working on a connection to the new v3/Oauth Bigcommerce API but at present we have no estimated timescale for completion of this. In the meantime, if you require a new Bigcommerce integration you can create a File Import sales channel to read Bigcommerce orders via CSV, which offers most of the same functionality for order download and stock upload.
When setting up a Bigcommerce connection in Tradebox 3 pieces of information are required from the Bigcommerce site. These are:
- API Path
- API Token
These can be obtained from the Bigcommerce admin panel by navigating to Advanced Settings > Legacy API Settings > Create a Legacy API Account.
- Log into Bigcommerce (you may need admin permissions)
- Select Advanced Settings from the left hand menu
- Select Legacy API Settings
- Click on the Create a Legacy API Account button
- Enter a User Name
- Click on the Generate New Token button
- Take a note of the User Name, API Path and the API Token. You will need to copy these credentials into the Bigcommerce channel in Tradebox to create a connection to Bigcommerce.